Followers

Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Traveler's Blog: YouTube Academy Day 1




Captain Kirk kept a travel log, to record and document his experiences on his extra-galactic  expeditions. So I'm not venturing out to where "no man has been before" (or woman), but I am embarking on a three-day journey with Yael and Bar and the other inspiring people at Google  who have been working hard to make this journey an inspiring one for those of us who have been lucky enough to have been chosen to join them.

People ask me if I work for Google.

No. I don't.

I don't get paid for any of my bloggingtranslatecompetitioncommunityleadinggoogletraining activities. Not directly, any way. I get enriched.  I benefit from it every time I say "yes", because ever since I first participated in the Google Teachers' Academy in Israel in 2011, the ride has always been fun, exciting and educational. And fun.

And all this techno-nectar that becomes infused in me, gets taken back to the field.

If you had told me 36 years ago that I would still be in the classroom, (never having taken a Sabbatical....ok - that's nuts, and something I would maybe change) still with a sense of purpose, curiosity, and energy, and that I would be choosing to spend 3 days of my summer "vacation" getting up at 5:30 to catch an 8:00 train into Tel Aviv, my response probably would have been: "Yea, right."

And  yet, here I sit, on the train making my way to the rooms with the glass windows on the 29th floor, with the metropolis spread out before us, and a galaxy to be revealed within, spending my days with enthused educators who have come to play together, to make learning wondrous!

Watch this space!

Digitally yours,
@dele


No comments:

Post a Comment